Canada's Apathy

Canada's Apathy
People Just Don't Give A Shit

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why Does Everyone Want Independence?




I started simming for a Star Trek website back about 5 years ago, and in that time I have written countless stories with people from across the world. I have been in every possible Fleet that's simm talk for a bunch of people who start up a website for recruiting then start up ship/starbase simms and give them to people to run and in return these overlords give you access to avatars, new recruits and special websites for you to use. Unfortunately when you put bureaucracy and Star Trek together you get a bunch of self righteous fools who want to be real admirals. What ends up happening is that ships leave the fleet or are force out through intimidation threats and not so independent judges.

So you must ask yourself why I chose the title for this post. While sometimes these overseers can be stupid and down right moronic the captains leading the charge for independence are unfortunately the same people you are fighting against. They want power over you their ship and anything else who will join them and bow to them. Its a human condition that we all want power, its our need of power that has advanced our society and on occasion brings it down around us. Right now my new simm which I have been apart of for maybe 5 months has gone down the Indy path as I like to call it. This would be fine if this was the first or even second time that a ship has gone Indy after I joined. No friends, this is the fourth ship that I've join and in a few months goes rogue, I mean for fucks sake am I a bloody carrier for rebellion. Every single time the simm goes rogue I can just imagine that Star Wars clone officer saying "Rebel Scum when will they learn".

And the worse of it, everyone goes along with it, no one objects, everyone wants to follow the captain out of some sick Star Trekess hard on that everyone follows the captain because he's always right. Well guess what kids he ain't the fucking pope (and he makes even worse decisions) and he doesn't become infallible when he gets four bloody pips on his god damn collar.

Time and time again I have seen the captain set a bold vision for the new independent and better simm only to have to crumble or slowly die around him. And just like a Soviet loud speaker stating the same think over and over again "Everything is fine, return to your homes" also a key phrase during all zombie apocalypses.

So now I have to ask myself...what the fuck do I do? Join on this new quest in the hopes that the ship doesn't sink like a ship or jump ship like a fleeing rat?

Spend More Time With My Family.....This is Getting Desperate

No comments:

Post a Comment